Wednesday 21 March 2012

Mother-In-Law's Mother's Day Gift

I've been off the radar for a bit, kind of lost my crafting mojo for a while there!
This is not really project number 5, I've done little bits and pieces here and there; like making mother's day cards for my mum and mum-in-law.  I made them with Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings and their paper flowers and they turned out great!  Unfortunately I didn't take photos, even though I thought about it!  D'oh!
Anyway, I was a bit stumped as to what to get mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  Whilst perusing Ravelry, I found a shawl pattern I really like...  It's called "French Blue Shawl" by Cristina Mershon who designs the most gorgeous things.
Here is the shawl I made.  The stitches are really simple, but I think the finished result looks far more complex than it really is! I used a cotton yarn so it's nice as a cover-up for spring or summer...
Being blocked...  Pinned out on a towel on the floor and steam  ironed...

Draped over a chair....



I totally love the finished result!  It's really pretty :-)  Took a lot longer than I expected though! It's going to be a belated Mother's Day present unfortunately.
I might even do the pattern again one day!  Hope MIL likes it :-)

My Ravelry project contains all the yarn details and other stuff: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MarysiaBC/french-blue-shawl

You can buy the pattern book for this project here:

No comments:

Post a Comment